Wednesday, January 21, 2009

day six

Hello "y'all". Although I am still on the road I wanted to take a few minutes to share with you what I have been up to for the past six days or so. The south is a wonderful place. Louisiana is like nothing that I have ever seen before. The people are friendly, the weather is mild and the food is out of this world. There is a sense of humbleness that is overwhelming. The reality of giving back and lending not only a hand but also time that will never be forgotten is something I do not think I can ever express completely through words.

Here are a few things I have learned thus far...

I have learned that taking an overnight train is one of the best ways to appreciate the countryside and to people watch as people come and go.
I am learning perspective.
I have learned my strength in operating a sledge hammer.
I have learned to step over boundaries.
I have learned that I miss home more than ever before..
I have learned that bbq beef po boys is where it's at.
I have learned the taste of alligator.
I am learning that my dreams have been getting much weirder and weirder.

And one last thing,

I am learning that things are worth the wait,and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

One day at a time...

1 comment:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

po boys!
oh lady, it sounds like you are heaving a wonderful time. louisiana sounds like a beautiful place to be when it comes to the human spirit.
I miss you! I'm glad you're learning and living.
xooxoxoxoxoxoxoo