Monday, March 21, 2011

Pea soup

I know it's been a while since my last post but I'd like to kick things off with some good eats.



I've been really into cooking lately. Tonight I made a delicious pea soup. Here is my recipe:

2 12oz bags of frozen peas
1c Greek yogart
1c Chicken stock
1 Lime, squeezed
2 tbls Cilantro, chopped
1/2c Red onion, chopped
3 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbles olive oil
A pinch of salt and pepper


Steam peas for 4-5min or until soft. While peas are steaming, fry red onion, garlic and olive oil in sauce pan until onions are soft and almost translucent; about 6min. Transfer peas to a blender and add chicken stock, onions/garlic and cilantro. Blend until smooth. Return mixed blend to stove top and whisk Greek yogurt and lime in a medium pot. Add salt and pepper to taste.

This recipe should not take more than 20min to prepare and is perfect as an entree. Add a handful of whole wheat crackers on the side and you've got yourself a meal.

No comments: