Friday, December 12, 2008

I have a confession to make:

While growing up I participated in numerous confessional exercises with thanks to being born under a religion culture that took pride in showing forgiveness. I remember being very young and awaiting my time in a line that seemed like miles, just thinking about the terrible things that I could tell the higher beings in order to withhold a clean slate. It took me a while to go over everything in my head...how I could be nicer to my younger sister...instead of teasing her and scaring her and telling her she was adopted... I also thought about how I could help my parents out more around the house, doing the proverbial house chores and paying no mind to trashy television.

With it being almost ten years after my last confession, I find that it is about time I clear my conscious. Without showing mockery to how I was raised I would like to share with you a secret that not many people know…So, here goes nothing…


I had a bed wetting problem until the age of ten. Ok, maybe it was more like eleven. No big deal.



Phew.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was having a thought and to kind of complete my thought I came here, to your blog. And, well, this post is kind of a perfect completion to my thought, a sort of proof that if you are interested we must follow through.

My thought:

Considering how much I really enjoy your style of illustration and the way you use color and texture to create a kind of abstract atmosphere and sense of place... And considering my interest in animation/ story telling, but a complete lack of faith in my illustrative/figurative drawing skills...
Well I often thought if i just had a partner, with the skills I am not confident in, then we could make some really great work.

What I am saying is I am going to learn more about flash and animation. I am going to write stories to be told. Would you like to collaborate with me? We could work via e-mail/ichat/phone whatever and we could tell stories together.

I thought this post was a great story, and wonderfully explained, and that's why it completed this thought so well.

Let me know what you think.

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

aww, you guys should do ittt! nicole, i am obsessed with the episode of sarah silverman where she is an adult bed wetter. You should watch ittt. I love you and I see you tomorrow! xoxoxoxoxox